Saturday, November 8, 2008

Enlightenment: Why You're Never Asked Out By the Guy You Like

Okay. Going back to my other post about girls not asking guys out: have you ever noticed that people usually get asked out on dates by the guys they're not interested in?

Have you ever wondered why?

It's because when you're interested in a guy, it's the most natural thing to do to flirt with him. And let him know you're interested.

And do you know what this does?

It removes the challenge.

Can you see how not good this is? And does it make sense why it's only the guys you're not interested in that go after you?

Do yourself a favor and start treating the guys you like as if they really weren't that special to you (at least before you're officially Together). You'll be amazed at how your odds will change.

Just remember--sometimes things don't work out with the guys you'd like them to. Sometimes even acting completely uninterested won't do the trick. But just hang in there. You'll end up with someone even better.

1 comment:

Schmetterling said...

Woah, easy there, Allie.

I'm a guy, and, on behalf of all of Guy-dom, I'd like to say, yeah, a lot of guys are in it for the chase--I was for a long time. But now I'm pretty sick of it (and I don't think I'm alone in this), and I've completely called off going for girls who don't give me at least a little subtle encouragement. But even when I was in it for the chase, I don't think I would've been put off by a girl showing interest in me if I reciprocated at all. If you're making it plenty evident that you're interested and he's not asking you out, he's probably not interested in you, and ceasing to show interest is probably not going to turn things around for you--though I suppose it could if he's really only in it for the chase....

I guess what I'm saying here is that the politics of the singles' game are way too crazy to be shackled with such rigid rules. It's a lame, lame society with live in, but we've gotta live, so you've gotta adapt every time you try again.